Tuesday, September 17, 2013

MoFo 2013 - Day 17 - P is for Pomegranate Cafe

I seriously can't believe I didn't do a potato post today! If you know me you know that potatoes are my love and passion. They had to get a mention today on what is truly their day!

However, I have another passion. It is dining out at great indy restaurants. Pomegranate Cafe has been a favorite of mine for a long time. I'm excited to report that they are now open for dinner. They have expanded their dining room to almost double what it was before. Their menu is full of great sandwiches, salads, soups, quesadillas, fresh juices, elixers, fresh home made pastries and fantastic coffee.


They also host many guest speakers and cooking classes. I have always loved the fact that they highlight local and fresh ingredients. It's a great place to take your girlfriends for a special lunch and your meat eating friends for a really fantastic dining experience. Plus they have cute table decorations.


We lucked out on our last visit. Their special started with P! Yep, that was a sure sign I was supposed to use them for my P post. Without hesitation I ordered the Portobello Burger and the signature Pomegranate Chocolate Raspberry Cake. The Portobello burger was topped with a mountain of fresh veggies, roasted red peppers and a delicious rosemary aoili. I loved the option of a side kale salad and the roasted potatoes, well you know I love those. I almost licked my plate.


If you haven't yet been to Pomegranate Cafe, you should go for their signature cake alone! You won't believe it is vegan. It is moist, rich and bursting with rich chocolate flavor with just the right amount of pomegranate. It is hard to visit without getting a slice.


So lets count the P's in this post: Pomegranate, portobello, pepper, potatoes, perfection. Yep, I think we have the p's covered.

Pomegranate Cafe
4025 E Chandler Blvd. Ste 28
Ahwatukee, AZ
480-706-7472

Hours:

Closed Mondays
Tues - Saturday 8am-8pm
Sunday 8 am - 4pm

No comments:

Post a Comment