Monday, February 8, 2010

Congrats Saints!!!

First and foremost, I have to say congrats to the Saints. What a great thing to happen for the city and state. I have a special place in my heart for the Saints, because I am a big Ditka fan and he was once their coach. It was nice to have a team to be rooting for this year.

We went to a really fun Superbowl party. Our hosts were really cool about our veggie-ness. They made chicken fajitas for all of the other guests and made sure to cook veggies separately for us. So nice. Anyway, I had my first King Cake experience. If you don't know about king cakes they are a NOLA tradition Click here for history. Part of the tradition is that there is a baby (supposedly baby Jesus) hidden somewhere in the cake. The person who finds the baby in their slice has to make the next cake. Well our host found it in the very last piece!

Here are a couple of shots of the cake. One before it got cut into.


One after it was cut. Show me the money honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment