Tuesday, September 30, 2014

2014 Vegan MOFO - Day 30 - Thank You Chow Locally!



Well, it's the conclusion of yet another MOFO. I did not gain MOFO rock star status by posting every day while I'm crazy busy. But, we did share a month of local awesomeness and much produce was eaten and given away. I'm already thinking about next year when life will be less hectic and I can truly put all of my creative energy into blogging. So many cool themes. Hoping to start doing some video for next year. So make sure to pop in…maybe even like the page so you can get notification when something new gets posted.

I want to thank Eric at Chow Locally for providing FOUR share boxes to the lucky winners. I hope you all enjoyed the produce and hopefully signed up to get a weekly box. Give yourself a big local hug for supporting sustainable and local farmers. They need  you!

As both MOFO and summer wind down, I leave you for now with a refreshing summer drink created with love and local watermelon from a previous Chow Locally box. Be well and eat your fruits and veggies.


Watermelon-tini

Makes one Drink poo

1 oz. premium vodka
1/3 cup diced seeded watermelon
1/4 cup sparkling mineral water

Add vodka and watermelon to blender. Blend until smooth. Pour mixture into chilled martini glass. Add sparkling mineral water and gently stir. Garnish rim with small, thin wedge of watermelon. Drink!

No comments:

Post a Comment