Monday, July 28, 2014

Cooking from My Cookbooks - 500 Vegan Recipes


Part 2 of my cooking from my cookbooks series features 500 Vegan Recipes by Celine Steen and Joni Marie Newman. There are so many recipes in this book! I narrowed it down by first going to my pantry and picking one ingredient to use. Then I went to the index and found recipes using that ingredient. The ingredient was dried red lentils. The Chickpea Masala recipe on page 149 caught my eye.

I adore lots of spice and flavor. So when I read the ingredient list, I knew it would be a winner. I thought I had some garam masala in the spice cabinet, but I didn't. They included a great recipe for a garam masala spice mix on page 305. I quickly mixed the aromatic spices up in my spice grinder. The thing I love about red lentils is how fast they cook up. This is a pretty quick recipe to whip up. It is really filling and bursting with flavor. It reheats really well. I served it with some kale sautéed in garlic, ginger, lemon juice and tamari. It made enough for 4 good sized servings.


No comments:

Post a Comment