Friday, September 20, 2013

MoFo Day 20 - A little out of order V is for Vitamix Recall

I am going a little out of order just for today. For those of you who own a Vitamix, you know what a joy they are to own. I make all sorts of stuff in that blender. I got my first one back in 2000. Last year Fred got me a new and fancier model that I adore. They are  dream to make smoothies, soups, dressings, pie fillings all sorts of goodies. I don't know what I ever did without it.

The other day in the mail, I received a notification that there was a safety recall on my beloved blender. If you own one of their newer low profile machines, please make sure to click here for the recall information to see if your unit is affected. It is a pretty serious safety issue, so make sure to check and stop using it if it is part of the recall.

If you are like me, you probably don't always remember to send in your registrations for appliances. The downside to that is you may not get important information like this. Vitamix is a very great company to work with. When Fred called the number about the recall (our unit is part of it). They told him they were going to send a prepaid box immediately for us to mail back the container. They promise to send a replacement within 5 days and some type of gift for the inconvenience.

Below are the models that can be affected:

Professional Series 300
Professional Series 750
Vitamix 7500

I'm looking forward to getting mine replaced and back to blending!! Have a safe weekend!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment